ITIL® 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan & Improve
This is the universal module, that is a key component of both, ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader streams.
It is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The 3 days module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organization’s advantage.
It will provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with necessary agility.
Accredited training for the ITIL Managing Professional modules is mandatory to enable full understanding of the core material. All modules have ITIL 4 Foundation as a pre-requisite.
The three-day ITIL 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan & Improve certification course focuses on these key ITIL 4 practices:
• Continual improvement
• Measurement and reporting
• Portfolio management
• Organizational change management
• Risk management
• Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan, and Improve
• Understand the scope of what is to be directed/planned and how to use key principles and methods of planning:
• Learn how to cascade goals and requirements
• Learn how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
• Learn how to define effective policies, controls, and guidelines
• Discover how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements:
• Understand the role of governance, risk, and compliance
• Learn how to identify assessment objectives, outputs requirements, and criteria as well as how to select an appropriate assessment for a particular situation
• Learn how to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system
• Learn how to define and prioritize desired outcomes
• Learn how to build, justify, and sell a business case
• Learn how to conduct improvement reviews and how to embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS
• Discover how to use the key principles of organizational change management to:
• Identify and manage different stakeholder types
• Learn how to develop effective interfaces across the value chain
• Learn how to establish effective channels for feedback and communication
• Learn how to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices:
• Understand how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in directing, planning, and improvement
• Understand the differences between value streams and practices while learning how to select and use the appropriate techniques to direct, plan, and improve them
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at IT leaders and managers of all levels of the organization who are involved in shaping IT direction and strategy.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course.
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
• Exam is administered by PeopleCert.
• The exam is 90 minutes in duration, includes 40 multiple-choice questions and is administered online by an independent examination body. Participants are provided with an exam voucher so they can schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course.
• A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
• You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
***All training associated with an AXELOS product are sold with the corresponding official exam from PeopleCert