The ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Design forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of Service Design processes and roles.
This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Design lifecycle phase.
The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Intermediate examination in Service Design worth 3 credits.
Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
What Are The Course Objectives?
The key objectives of this course are to enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Design in the overall context of Service Management
- Understand Service Design Principles and Processes
- Carry out common Service Design activities
- Organize Service Design effectively
- Recognize Service Design technology-related activities
- Understand how to implement Service Design
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Design
- Introduction to Service Design
- – Purpose, Goals and Objectives
- – Scope of Service Design
- – Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- – Service Design and Business Value
- Service Design Principles
- – Balanced Design
- – Service Requirements
- – Design Activities, Aspects, Constraints
- – Service Design Models
- Service Design Processes
- – Design Coordination
- – Service Level Management
- – Service Catalogue Management
- – Capacity Management
- – Availability Management
- – Service Continuity Management
- – Information Security Management
- – Supplier Management
- Service Design Technology-Related Activities
- – Requirements Engineering
- – Data and Information Management
- – Applications Management
- Organizing Service Design
- – Roles and Responsibilities
- – Organizational Context
6.Tools and Technology for Service Design
- Implementation and Improvement of Service Design
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
What examinations are taken on the course?
ITIL® Service Design Exam: 90 Mins, closed book, Eight complex multiple-choice questions choice questions