The ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Transition forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of Service Transition processes and roles.
This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Transition lifecycle phase.
The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Intermediate examination in Service Transition worth 3 credits.
Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
What Are The Course Objectives?
The key objectives of this course are to enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Management as a Practice
- Lead discussions on Service Transition
- Understand Service Transition Principles and Processes
- Carry out common Service Transition activities
- Organise Service Transition effectively
- Recognise Service Transition functions and technology-related activities
- Understand how to implement Service Transition
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Transition
- Introduction to Service Transition
- – Purpose, Goals and Objectives
- – Scope of Service Transition
- – Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- – Service Transition and Business Value
- Service Transition Principles
- – Utility and Warranty
- Service Transition Processes
- – Change Management
- – Service Asset and Configuration Management
- – Release and Deployment Management
- – Service Validation and Testing
- – Evaluation
- Common Service Transition Activities
- – Managing Communications and Commitment
- – Managing Organisational and Stakeholder Change
- – Stakeholder Management
- Organising Service Transition
- – Roles and Responsibilities
- – Organisational Context
- Tools and Technology
- – Service Transition
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
What examinations are taken on the course?
ITIL® Service Transition Exam: 90 Mins, closed book, Eight complex multiple-choice questions choice questions
*If English is not your native language you will be awarded 25% extra time.