PRINCE2 Agile® is the world’s most complete project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®. PRINCE2 Agile® is an extension module tailored for forward thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2® that would like further guidance on how to apply agile development methods to the world’s most recognized project management method.
PRINCE2® Agile® is supported by an exam qualification and accredited training to support its use. As with PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile® can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector, but with the emphasis on an agile approach.
This guidance and training helps experienced PRINCE2® Practitioners tailor project management controls for agile development, while helping ‘agilistas’ understand PRINCE2® project governance requirements.
Benefits Of PRINCE2 Agile®
The benefits of using this method include:
- Allows projects and Project Managers to focus on both the management and delivery of the solution
- Enables you to scale the required work to your precise requirements
- Will work with any established agile development approach
- Is a collaboratively-built programme that is corporate friendly
The key objectives of this course are to:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Explore the purpose and context for combing PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Apply or tailor the PRINCE2® principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
- Prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner exam
This course is offered as a 2 day Practitioner event and is a mixture of input and practical sessions teaching to the PRINCE2 Agile™ Practitioner syllabus, delivered by an APMG approved trainer with practical experience of both agile and project management working environments. The course incorporates the Practitioner exam and includes additional focus on the application of the method within an agile environment using Practitioner level tasks and objective-test exam questions.
Pre-course material includes pre-reading guidance, plus the official PRINCE2 Agile® Manual. Delegates should spend approximately 5 hours studying this pre-course material in order to be prepared for the course.
Approach & Exams
The exam aims to measure whether a candidate could apply Agile approaches within a PRINCE2® environment.
PRINCE2 Agile® Exam: 2.5 hour, open book (official PRINCE2 Agile® manual only) objective test style exam.
Please remember to bring your Manual with you for the course and the open book practitioner exam